Old 27-08-2006, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Help with rescuing sick shrub!

"sfby" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi

I've got some sort of non-flowering variegated shrub (1.5m diameter, 1m
height) which has been fine for the last 6 years (since we bought the
house), but has now developed a white-ish fungus on most of its
branches & twigs. Also, its foliage is much thinner than in previous
years - I can actually see all the way through it at the moment.

I appreciate this isn't much information to go on, but any advice on
dealing with the fungus would be gratefully received!

TIA

Paul

Its probably safe enough to hit it with a spray of rose fungicide, but if
you give it an organic mulch this winter that should prevent a re-occurrence
next year when it goes dry again.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk