Old 20-03-2003, 12:44 AM
Ann

Default Horse or Cattle manure???

(simy1) expounded:

You know, this is not my experience. Yes, there may be the occasional
oat or wheat plant coming out of horse manure, some clover, and a
prostrate cloverlike plant with yellow flowers whose name escapes me,
but not much more than that.

I suppose it depends on what the horse eats. I used it a couple times
(horse) and got the same weed all over the place in my perennial
borders. In the veggie garden I don't care much, but I do when it
comes to my borders. I'll stick to cow, I've used it for 25 years
around here and have had nothing but good luck with it.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA