Old 27-08-2006, 08:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] alice@fearofdolls.com is offline

Default NW weeds

Val wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there anyone in the Pacific Northwest who has had those weeds in
their yard that look like dandelions, and succesfully gotten rid of
them for good, and if so, how?

Those weeds you have that look like dandelions are, in all probability,
dandelions. If all the neighbors within about a twenty five mile radius
don't also get rid of theirs, you'll most likely never eliminate yours.
Napalm is only good for a season or two and Agent Orange is pretty much off
the market. Just keep on pulling and do it before they go to seed.

We do have a few dandelions, and these other weeds look different, and
I notice them in many other yards in the NW area. I have pulled them,
but new ones pop up now and then, sometimes in mass qantities. I also
used a weed killer spray, which also worked, but again, they just come
back. I'm thinking now maybe by killing/pulling them AND doing more to
get the grass to proliferate, the grass will take over eventually, but
other than water and fertilize, I don't know if there is anything else
that will help that cause.

Val