Old 27-08-2006, 09:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Elaine Elaine is offline

Default Should I be concerned about my bamboo getting too close to my neighbor's pool?

That is a nice stand of bamboo you have. Very attractive.
According to Daves Garden reviews it can be invasive even for a clumping
variety.
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/2432/

You have room to put a barrier in the ground between it and the fence.
Something buried about 18" deep should hold it in as long as the runners
can't go under or over it. Some sort of metal barrier would be a good
choice.
Good.luck/
Elaine in Ga
Zone 7b

"miamicuse" wrote in message
I have a bed where I planted these buddha belly's bamboo (wamin) about five
years ago. They started to spread a little. Here are two pictures where
you
can see the new shoots are very close to a chain linked fence.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000349.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000350.JPG

On the other side of the fence is my neighbor's property. Their swimming
pool is only four feet from the fence.

Is this a disaster waiting to happen? What can I do?

Thanks,

MC