Old 27-08-2006, 09:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Should I be concerned about my bamboo getting too close to my neighbor's pool?

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:19:33 -0400, "miamicuse"
wrote:

I have a bed where I planted these buddha belly's bamboo (wamin) about five
years ago. They started to spread a little. Here are two pictures where you
can see the new shoots are very close to a chain linked fence.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000349.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000350.JPG

On the other side of the fence is my neighbor's property. Their swimming
pool is only four feet from the fence.

Is this a disaster waiting to happen? What can I do?

Thanks,

MC

This kind of bamboo is not invasive like other types. If it were, it
would have spread much more, destroyed the fence, and more. To be on
the safe side, I'd chop it back 6" or so from the fence.