Old 28-08-2006, 04:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sparky Organic Sparky Organic is offline

Default Dealing with gophers and newly planted fruit trees

From your description of your situation, my best recommendation would

be to try to grow the trees in large pots, either above ground or
buried in the ground. I don't think the chicken wire thing would help,
because you'd be amazed what small holes these critters can get
through.

Either that or don't grow plants that are irresistable to native
wildlife, which would be my preference. Unless you like a challenge,
of course.