Old 28-08-2006, 04:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lar[_1_] Lar[_1_] is offline

Default Bumble bees sleep in garden?

In article , "Ook" Ook
Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the Don't send
me any freakin' spam says...
Hmm...here it is. Any guesses? Not the best of pics, they are folded up and
sleeping. Tomorrow I'll try to get some better pics. They spend all day
buzzing around the various flowers, they love my sunflowers.

Couldn't tell by the pics. The male carp bee will have a white face
along with a hairless abdomen, where the bumble bees abdomen will be
hairy.... heat must be getting to me because I didn't even think about
this time of year being when drone bumblebees will make their appearance
and they will live away from the bee colony, so very possible it is
bumblebees you are seeing...the drone has no stinger, so a test of sort
would be to pick one up bare handed
--
Lar

to email get rid of the BUGS