Old 16-02-2003, 11:51 PM
molli

Default mini phals

Holy Cow Al, where do you keep gigantea with a leaf span of 54".....I'd
never see my dining room table again!

--
Hugs,
Molli

Happy 19103 (I am NOT Y2K compatible)
"Al" wrote in message
http://www.orchidexchange.com/sizes.htm

A Phalaenopsis species Size Comparison Chart

This chart is just a general guide for people who think in inches and who
are looking for a basic size comparison of the species.
I used "Phalaenopsis, A Monograph" by Eric A Christenson as my source for
the data and species list. I converted from centimeters and millimeters

inches. I rounded without consistency but usually to the closest whole or
half number except where the numbers were very small.

Leaf Span means from leaf tip to leaf tip. It is not a measurement of

each
leaf. Christenson's text measures each leaf in centimeters. I doubled

this
number.

Natural Spread of Flowers means from petal tip to petal tip. It is not a
measurement of each petal. Christenson's text measures each petal in
centimeters or millimeters. I doubled this number.

Spike Length uses a "?" when the text did not give a length.

I have not seen many of these plants personally. In some cases my plants

do
not match these measurements. I have a chibae with a spike length close

15 inches. My lobbii and parishii have leaf spans half the size

indicated.
With Phal minus, I used my own measurements from my own plant.

If you find a real error, let me know.