Old 28-08-2006, 02:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny danny is offline

Default Very high-intensity flourescent lights

I think we got our fixture for $200? It doesn't look quite as nice as the
$300 one (same shape but aluminum instead of a nice black painted finish),
but it came with bulbs so it was MUCH cheaper. None of my lights need to be
hard-wired, I currently have 3 400W metal halide fixtures and a bunch of
normal fluorescents. One nice thing about the T5 fixtures is they are a lot
shallower than the HID and they disperse the heat and light a little more
evenly, so you can put them under a shelf and have two layers of plants.

"OrchidKitty" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, that's what I heard about. I checked on the Net, and there is a
retailer who sells four 4-foot tubes for $300. I'd like to get another
HID fixture, but based on past experience, it would involve another
visit from an electrician... Thanks--