Old 27-08-2006, 09:38 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj[_1_] ~ janj[_1_] is offline

Default Goldfish paradox

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:57:15 GMT, "M&K" wrote:

Don't overfeed your goldfish! Overfeeding goldfish is the leading cause of
death among goldfish! Bad! Bad! Bad!

Okay, so I give them just the amount they can eat within 3 to 5 minutes. But
they eat all the time! The bugs that are in my pond and the water lettuce
made the little pond a buffet table. But the fish are happy!

I don't understand. Why is my feeding them potentially lethal, but not them
grazing all day and night?

Man made products have more calories and take less work to eat? Kind of
like us buying/eating white bread, instead of going out and grinding the
wheat and putting together a whole grain bread before eating. ~ jan

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium