Old 27-08-2006, 11:36 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_1_] Köi-Lö[_1_] is offline

Default Goldfish paradox

"M&K" wrote in message
Don't overfeed your goldfish! Overfeeding goldfish is the leading cause of
death among goldfish! Bad! Bad! Bad!

Okay, so I give them just the amount they can eat within 3 to 5 minutes.
But
they eat all the time! The bugs that are in my pond and the water lettuce
made the little pond a buffet table. But the fish are happy!

I don't understand. Why is my feeding them potentially lethal, but not
them
grazing all day and night?

It's not lethal to my goldfish. They're fed twice a day. They're breeding
like rabbits again this year.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.