Old 28-08-2006, 08:34 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jen Jen is offline

Default Getting rid of ants

"Dave -Turner" wrote in message
from what ive read - mix some borax powder with some powdered sugar, they
take it into their nests and eat it and get food poisoning. interestingly
borax is used in some French caviars, but despite its use as a pesticide
its LD50 is similar to that of table salt. I still wouldnt wanna eat it
though

Dogs and cats will probably eat it though, wouldn't they?

I've just checked my roses, and I was really shocked to see no aphids yet -
I guess it's still a bit cold for them. I did see some ants wondering
around the wall behind them though, I think they nest in the mortar. I'll
work on getting rid of the ants straight away, and see how I go with the
aphids. Thanks

Jen