Old 27-08-2006, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Who's this eating my hedge - please help with id and solution

"NikV" wrote in message
lovely viburnum hedge is being chomped to bits I can't find a leaf without
holes in - infested with insects - seen in the insets in the picture -
thousands of them

What are they?
how can I control them ?

http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/pests.jpg

Please help

Looks like Viburnam Beetle, Pyrrhalta viburni, which overwinters on the
plant in nooks and crannies as eggs. Spray with Bifenthrin or Pyrethrum now
and again in the late spring when the lavae start their damage.

--
Regards
Bob H