Old 28-08-2006, 12:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default New Gardener

Little Weed wrote:
Hi all
i have just taken on an allotment, surrounded by books, magazines,
offers of "good advice". trouble is - how do I start? I have the
option of a strimmer, a chainsaw or a flame thrower Definately a
case of can't see the soil for the undergrowth! I'm really up for
making a good job of this but don't need to make heavy work of it
unnecessarily - any ideas?
LW

Take a flask of tea or coffee each time you go, or beer.
Make sure you have got somewhere to sit comfortably and preferably some sort
of shelter too for when it rains.
Get your hands on a wire basket for the coming months, so that you can have
a fire if you want one.
Take a portable radio for music/sport/news/weather etc.
Do a little bit each time and the above items will make it all happen a lot
quicker!!