Old 28-08-2006, 06:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(in Normandy\) David \(in Normandy\) is offline

Default New Gardener

Just a thought, depending on how bad the undergrowth is...
When we bought our house the "garden" had been left untouched for
approximately 15 years and was literally an impenetrable jungle of nettles,
6 to 8 feet high brambles, bind weed and self set trees. I started strimming
it, a job I anticipated would take several weeks. However, we had a man
laying a new drive and he offered to skim the undergrowth off with his JCB.
It took him around 10 minutes to do the job! It is also "organic". You are
just left with the roots to dig up etc, but at least you can get onto the
land. It is certainly as good if not better than strimming.
--
David
.... Email address on website http://www.avisoft.co.uk