Old 28-08-2006, 10:18 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Charles[_1_] Charles[_1_] is offline

Default please help flower ID

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:33:56 GMT, Andy Schecter
wrote:

Charles wrote:
Came up in a wildflower mix. Can't seem to find it in the fieldguide. Thanks!
http://static.flickr.com/96/226044961_7a12177368_b.jpg

Looks to me like red flax. Your picture is better than what I found
on Google, but here's one anyway:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3Doff%26sa%3DG

Yes, I think you're right. Here's another photo:
http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/us/en/product/1288/1

Thanks so much!

Your photo is still the best, or at least appears most like I remember
the flower, I like that one, it epitomizes red for me. There is a
blue variety, equally attracting, in my opinion.