Old 28-08-2006, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Electric shredders

"EddSmith" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

Have you thought about going along to a few garden machinery dealers.
Listen to what they have to say without committing yourself to anything
and make your mind up from what you see and hear. Even ask for
demonstrations and if they could put you in contact with someone who
has purchased similar machines.

Edd's advice is sound but to answer your question about personal experience,
we have one (don't know the name) and it's great to use. Sometimes we
compost stuff, if it's soft, sometimes we keep the stuff in bags and then
spread it directly on the garden, there have been times when it's gone
straight onto beds (vegetable). But we have a couple of bantams who turn it
over and activate it for us ...

EddSmith