Old 28-08-2006, 01:59 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default And some people say there's no God...

On 28 Aug 2006 02:02:32 -0700, "thomas p."
wrote:

Jangchub skrev:

On 26 Aug 2006 01:32:21 -0700, "thomas p."
wrote:
And I have not told you how to think. I have pointed out that your
beliefs have no objective support; they are, in effect, based on
nothing. As such there is no objective difference between them and any
other irrational belief. If you believe in them anyway, that is your
right. I respect your right; but you have no right to have your
beliefs free of criticism.

What do you know about Buddhism?

We are discussing reincarnation. I stated that it has no objective
support. Either you have evidence or you do not. If you do not, my
above statement stands; there is no objective difference between your
belief and any other irrational belief. I am not attacking Buddhism. I
am not attacking you. I am not telling you how to think.

There is no way to disprove it either. It's rather important for you
to have some working knowledge about the whole picture than simply
making comments on pieces of a philosophy.

Buddhism is very closely related to science in that the historical
Buddha NEVER told anyone to believe him. He always said to go out and
check for yourself. There are many millions of Tibetan Buddhists who
have studied, debated, and defended their beliefs for many years.
Buddhism has been around for over 2500 years. To this day, the main
point is non-violence at any cost and simply to be a better person.

It doesn't much matter if rebirth can be proven or not. What is
tangible is that, I am a happy person and I know my mind through
meditation which IS proven to have amazing health benefits. So I draw
on a lot of different things.

At my core, I do not believe in god and am indeed atheist. Anyone
discussed as a Buddha was once a person who actually existed. Mind is
endless. Nothing I say will offer enough information to you and I am
not working all that hard on the challenge because you aren't really
interested anyway.