Old 16-02-2003, 11:51 PM
mad

Default garden pond virgin......

i bought a blue, plastic 300 gallon stock tank for $185 at the feed store in
ft stockton. my cousin strapped it to the top of her brand new mini-van and
brought it to me. i paid her $20 for gas, plus took her, her husband and
mother to lunch. i had the brick i stacked around it already so that was
just my labor. the pump cost $28. the custom-made bird bath was $25. i paid
a kid named max to come help my sweetheart dig the hole. i had to pick max
up and take him home ($10 gas), plus paying him $30. some of the plants came
from a nursery in midland (gas $30). some of the plants i traded newsgroup
members for and some the ng member sent them for just the postage.

mad
--
Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

From: (will)
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 21:19:29 -0600 (CST)
Subject: garden pond virgin......

Hey.
I have been considering installing a gardenpond for my momma. I figure
it will be good experience for me when I have my own home, and if she
pays for it, why not?

I just wanted to know (on average) what does the total bill come out
like for a new pond, what is the list of things that I need to have, and
are the "pond in a box kits" that claim to have everything you need
really worth it?

How large is a decent pond? I hear 90 gallon and this and that, but I
don't have a clue how large that really is......

Thanks for all of your help.

=will=