Old 28-08-2006, 01:26 PM posted to austin.gardening
Zzyzx Zzyzx is offline

Default brown tips on oak sapllng

"Doug Lassiter" wrote in message
ups.com...
Put in a four-foot bare root Chinquapin oak sapling this spring. It
took off, and filled out nicely. But the leaves are now starting to get
brown edges. I'm trying to soak it regularly. Can I assume that this is
just understandable heat stress from which it will recover? It's been a
wickedly hot summer.

I planted a 25Gal Chinquapin oak about 1 1/2 months ago about 98% of the
leaves turned brown and fell off in about a 2 week time. I also planted a
Monterey Oak that is 1/2 brown right now. The Texas Ash, Shumard Oak and
Multi-Trunked Redbud seem to be doing ok. They ALL have the same watering
patterns