Old 28-08-2006, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default OT News Individual question

VivienB wrote:
On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:54:24 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

I know this is OT, however I also know that there are users of the above
posting here. Stupidly I have lost track of when I registered, so was
wondering if anyone knows what happens when your subscription expires,
do they remind you or just cut you off?

Looking at my e-mails, I had set it up that BT click and buy
automatically paid it. I can't see an earlier reminder, but I may have
deleted it once I knew it had been dealt with. When I first
subscribed, click and buy was the only practical way to pay - if you
paid through them, have a look at your account with them.

You need to watch it, though. I got into an endless loop of confusion
between FirstGate and BT and decided I just couldn't be bothered to
renew. (Hence my present use of the unutterably ghastly Google Groups,
which is an archive, not a newsreader.) Clicking the English-language
icon at FirstGate sent me to BT, and BT wouldn't deal with it because I
was a FirstGate account holder, except I wasn't because they'd closed
my a/c by mistake. And so round and round. BT were particularly bad at
dealing with my pleas for help: after two or three weeks I had to go to
the telephone complaints page which was nothing to do with Click and
Buy before I could get anything but an automated acknowledgement: they
then immediately woke up enough to tell me to go back to
FirstGate...maybe when I finally feel like trying again I'll apply in
German to see if that keeps me out of BT's clutches.

News.individual themselves were great when my non-existent account
expired (after a year!): I told them either I or FG had stuffed up, and
they gave me a fortnight's grace at once.

--
Mike.