Old 29-08-2006, 02:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
John John is offline

Default tomatoes on steroids?

My personal and entirely unscientific experience with Brandy Boy is that
they do not outperform Brandywine in any respect. I was captivated by
the prospect of the production of Better Boy commingled with the flavor
or Brandywine and was disappointed in both for two years in a row. My
individual Brandywines and Better Boys produced more, and more
flavorfully than any Brandy Boy. That said, I am not a professional or
scientific gardener. Just a backyard amateur in Zone 5A north of NYC.

This year, BTW, the Carmellos have outproduced everything in terms of
flavor and quantity. Luck of the draw, as far as I am concerned.

J.

George wrote:
My Bucks County taste much like Brandywine, as it is a Brandywine
hybrid. They are spherical, not irregularly shaped like Brandywine,
usually up to 4+ inches in diameter, but not this year. I have plants
loaded with 2 to 3 inchers. We get first frost anytime after Labor day.
I'd like to hear from anyone who has experienced Brandy Boy.