Old 20-03-2003, 01:44 AM
Fringe Ryder

Default The 'Aquascape System' has the be the WORST pond system outthere

~ jan sez:
It's in the owner's manual of the AS system. Every spring, (and thi$ i$
what Glenn Rieker'$ www.gardenhaus.com maintenance crew doe$), you pump
out the pond and power wash it. One has to remember though, the AS system
is meant to be a WATER GARDEN not a Koi Pond. So the fish load is suppose
to be low, to very low, and the vegetation VERY high.

Wifey and I go to most of the local Home &/| Garden Shows (not too far from
you; we hit the Seattle and Tacoma shows in the last six weeks.) Most of
the Aquascape exhibits have very large koi in them. I agree with
everything you wrote, but they don't ADVERTISE it as a non-fish
environment.