Old 29-08-2006, 11:54 AM
AlecTPR's Avatar
AlecTPR AlecTPR is offline
Registered User

Location: Manchester, UK

Very interesting read as I recently thought about putting a few more fish in my small(ish) pond (1000 litres) but after advice from my local fish shop, they told me it's not the best idea. My nitrates were up and asked how many times I fed the fish.

At the time I did this 3 times a day (although small amounts) and they suggested making it once a day. I've done this but have to admit that I've been away on an emergency holiday for 3 days and nobody has fed them. I guessed that there is enough stuff in the pond to keep them going for a couple of days?

cheers