Old 29-08-2006, 12:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak[_1_] Cheryl Isaak[_1_] is offline

Default Bumble bees sleep in garden?

On 8/28/06 11:42 AM, in article
, "Ook" Ook Don't send me any
freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam
wrote:

They are definitely fuzzy. Um...I think I'll pass on the stinger test :P.
I'll take a close look tomorrow. I have this flower bush out front that
usually has 10-20 of the critters buzzing around it at any time. Something
about the bush attracts them, not sure what it is.

This fuzzy fellow spent the night he

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF4867.jpg

Anyone know what kind of plant this is? The bumble bees love it, and are
attracted to it. I can find a dozen of them buzzing around it at any given
time.

That's a bit to close up to make a guess, but it looks similar to the sweet
spire that is in wonderful bloom here. (NH) Smells like heaven. Also covered
in bumbles, mud daubers and other flying critters.

And this fuzzy fellow spent the night on this sunflower leaf:

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF4861.jpg