Old 29-08-2006, 03:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener madgardener is offline

Default Bumble bees sleep in garden?

Ook wrote:
They are definitely fuzzy. Um...I think I'll pass on the stinger test :P.
I'll take a close look tomorrow. I have this flower bush out front that
usually has 10-20 of the critters buzzing around it at any time. Something
about the bush attracts them, not sure what it is.

This fuzzy fellow spent the night he

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF4867.jpg

Anyone know what kind of plant this is? The bumble bees love it, and are
attracted to it. I can find a dozen of them buzzing around it at any given
time.

And this fuzzy fellow spent the night on this sunflower leaf:

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF4861.jpg

that looks like the flowers of a succulent/sedum. the other fliers love
it too (the assorted little wasp like fairy fliers. All my sedums, aka
Matrona, Raspberry ice, Autumn Joy, Lynda Windsor, Kamtschaticum
Variegata,Angelina, Turkish stars, Little pickles, the old fashioned
green ones that have white star-like flowers, they all attract the
fliers, the bumblies, the wasps and teensy wasp like things. I've taken
some awesome pictures of these gorgeous flowers. And the Sempervivums
(hens and chickens) which are succulents as well and hardy also have
flowers that are similar.
madgardener