Old 29-08-2006, 08:15 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Default Pruning mint

Aha.....you need a pair of ducks (or more) in the garden to eat the
snails and slugs. Ducks are lovely people, very friendly and she will
reward you every day with a nice fresh egg.

Bronwyn ;-)
Duck breeder from way back!!

Ms Leebee wrote:
wrote:

Ms Leebee wrote:

My mint is looking pretty straggly, I was wondering should I prune
it & if so will this have any detrimental effect?

Nope. It loves a haircut

The rabbits like it too.

Snails too.

I was surprised to come out one morning and find my abundant mint pot
*gone*, completely - what the hell ( it was there yesterday ?!?!? ).

Reason: 3 snails, plump with minty fresh breath.