Old 28-08-2006, 08:14 PM posted to aus.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Grey water on gardens

"Staycalm" wrote in message
u...
I'm interested in some low cost solutions to using our grey water. Anyone
got any hints on how to go about it? Good website references would help

too.
What sort of detergent is best when on this system?

Liz

if you want to use grey water for the sake of reducing your water usage a
simple option is to have a system that recycles it to flush the toilet. The
grey water ends up in waste treatment but has had two cycles through your
house rather than one. The same amount of water does 2 jobs rather than 1.
This will avoid some of the questions as to what you can spread on your
garden.

If you want to water your garden that is a different matter. Some system of
rainwater harvesting may be more straight forward and chances are the
quality of rain water will be better than grey water.

rob