Old 29-08-2006, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
EagleEyes EagleEyes is offline

Default Anyone knows the name of this bird?

The area of my house is quite rich in birds and I have this visitor
quite often. Last time I saw it was when I put some bread on the garden
and the Hoopoe came flying and scared all the other birds around.

I need to check a few trees to see if it is nesting around the
property, because it seems to always come and go from/to the same area.

I also get hundreds of very small birds with a red beak (do not have a
picture and do not know the name) that come early in the morning, but
these seem to be dissapearing... maybe due to the fact thar golf course
if being built nearby and a considerable amount of florest is being
destroyed...