Old 29-08-2006, 07:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] itsmyitch@yahoo.ca is offline

Default Husky 55 Rancher troubles

wrote:
Three years ago I bought a new Husqvarna 55 Rancher chainsaw, to clean
up after hurricane Juan. Only used it a few times. Stored it away and
now it won't start. When I pull the starter cord I am met with great
resistance and can't pull a full stroke. When spark plug is removed, it
pulls easily, the full stroke. Any ideas?
Fred

Thanks to M. Paul and Elaine.

Thank you, M. Paul, I appreciate you offering advice. The Husky Rancher
55 that I own (bought new in Oct.03) has no compression release. But it
was a good idea. Thanks also to Elaine. I never found anything to solve
my problem on the website you suggested. I did, however find that
website useful in other ways and have added it to my favourites list.
Yesterday, I went out and refilled my saw with clean mixed fuel and
pulled it over(with difficulty) a couple of times. I let it sit
overnight and tried it again this morning. It pulled a lot easier and
started on the third pull. I shut it off and started it a few more
times. It seems to work well now. In the future,I won't let it sit,
unused for any length of time and I think I will have no further
problems.
Again, thanks to you both.
Fred