Old 30-08-2006, 02:04 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Aerate vs. Dethatch vs. Overseed

In article , Jangchub wrote:
On 29 Aug 2006 23:27:14 +0200, No wrote:

Jangchub wrote:
On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:30:28 GMT, blueman wrote:

I have a relatively small lawn (maybe 5 thousand square feet spread
across a couple of patches) that has developed seemingly more brown
than green spots, including a bit of a mat of dead grass.

That is a monumental amount of turf.

snip

huh? 5000sq ft is .114 acres. One acres is 43,560 square feet. Thats not
a huge area in my world. maybe in Manhattan or some place.

Well, my house is 2500 square feet and there are four large bedrooms,
a huge livingroom, giant kitchen and two full baths with walk in
closets in every room. So, double that and you have the equivalent of
a house with eight bedrooms, two livingrooms, two giant kitchens, four
full bathrooms and many huge closets. That's a lot of turf to manage
for a homeowner.

Nonsense.

My first house sat on a 60'x135' lot. That's 8100 square feet. Subtract
10'x70' for the driveway, 24'x35' for the house, and 12'x20' for the garage.
That leaves 6320 square feet. I mowed the whole thing with a walk-behind power
mower in about forty minutes.

--
Regards,