Old 30-08-2006, 12:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
V_coerulea V_coerulea is offline

Default CITES plants and hybrids: AOS judging & showing

I heard AnTec was providing a copy of the Cites clearance papers with
the plants that were sold. Personally - I would want a copy for at
least the first couple of years. (say 5 yrs). Then I think there
will be enough plants around - including the illegal ones that there
will be a much lower risk.

SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

Sue, I too have purchased flasks of vietnamense and HoChiMinh from Antec.
They provide a sales receipt listing date and species purchased but no other
documentation. They told me at the time that that was all that was necessary
since they were the only ones who could legally propagate these. And all I
had to do when I sell any is to provide a receipt with my name and address,
the buyer's name and adress along with my original purchase info from Antec
so there is a created papertrail on one page. It's no real problem to keep
track of and print a form from the computer. I encourage buyers to scan a
working copy into their computer and file the original away with important
papers - you know, the ones everyone keeps but will probably never need.
Gary