Old 30-08-2006, 12:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dusty Dusty is offline

Default Name Tag Illegible???? Thanks

"wendy7" wrote in

My thanks to Kathy, Gene & Joe,

Looking at the tag again, I think we've got it. C. mossiae Var.
Wageneri
The tag was written by a 90yr old man. The plant was a backend,
struggling, so no flowers but will make a note in my data base re the
color. Thanks again,

Here's a trick that sometimes works on sun faded tags. Use a UV light
(black light) in the dark. Most white tags fluoresce which degrades with
sunlight so the faded markings should fluoresce more than the unmarked
areas around it. Still can't quite make it out look through a yellow
filter like on CSI. Many times I've been able to read a totaly faded
blank tag this way.

Grow well and bloom magnificently

dusty