Old 30-08-2006, 02:19 PM posted to aus.gardens
ant[_5_] ant[_5_] is offline

Default Pruning mint

Farm1 wrote:
wrote in message

Ducks are pretty garden friendly, but chooks will turn the
garden into a desolation.

Try Silkies if you want to try chooks in the garden. They are small
and not as active as bigger hens.

yeah, they're nice. We had a large and expanding gang of langsheng bantams
for some years, and they were nice in the garden, although they liked
dustbaths and took over a sunny spot in the garden to have them. They didn't
wreck stuff though, or behave in a disgraceful manner like larger chooks.

--
ant
Don't try to email me;