Old 30-08-2006, 02:22 PM posted to aus.gardens
ant[_5_] ant[_5_] is offline

Default Pruning mint

wrote:
Ms Leebee wrote:
I am also ashamed to say I must be a very bland person, as I find
duck eggs too rich for my palette !

A lot of people say that, but I haven't noticed. We eat them soft
boiled and haven't found them too rich. They have a lovely
green-blue colour though, which could be a bit off-putting. First
time I saw one I thought it was rotten and smashed it on the
back fence.

we had ducks for years, Khaki Campbells. The eggs were "normal", just large,
and I often got upset guts from them. They were very "eggy". A cake with the
number of eggs in where the recipe was for chook eggs was distinctly eggy.

Khaki Campbells laid a lot. Pooed a lot, too.

--
ant
Don't try to email me;