Old 30-08-2006, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
EagleEyes EagleEyes is offline

Default hosepipe ban on for a year!!!

More important is to make companies aware of the huge problem they are
creating by not fixing the pipes, I am not worried with their money,
they can go bankrupt and another will come and replace them... On top
of that they have insurances... I am worried that we are all paying
their lack of professionalism and efficiency.

If you do not make them suffer, they will not care with leakage targets
and it is just cheaper for them to keep on going untill the regulator
forces them to fix. by that time they saved at least the interest on
the investment that later they will be forced to do.... that can be a
stupid amount of money and could be the value of the fine... The point
is that they are increasig their profits by delaying fixing the
problems in at least the interest rate....

Otherwise, just forget all regulations and let trains crash, water to
dissapear in the soil... ... it is cheaper.... or maybe not