Old 30-08-2006, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris S Chris S is offline

Default Blind fuchsias

"Jim Scott" wrote in message
I have a dozen or so hardy fuchsias in my garden. Some of them are
flowering
fine, but a few are coming blind and the new leaves are small and twisted.
see no sign of beasties or rust. I have now sprayed with insecticide and I
kept them moist during the dry spell.
Anyone recognise the symptoms?
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

I found red spider mite on my outdoors ones - they were in a similar state -
twisted leaves, poor growth and blind - much watering and feeding have
restored them to full blooming health - I think it's the heat, drought, and
spider mite.

Chris S