Old 31-08-2006, 01:13 AM posted to rec.gardens
Rolling Thunder Rolling Thunder is offline

Default great fertilizer for roses and fruit trees

I'd agree with the fish emulsion by observation. Epsom salts
with alfalfa tea is good too; per observation.

Thunder

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 00:02:28 -0700, Perception wrote:

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:22:42 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

On 29 Aug 2006 13:02:10 -0700, "DS_7"
wrote:

can someone recommend a fertilizer for roses and fruit trees? I am
using "grobetter" fertilizer which is great but it's sold in california
and i'm in florida.

For the roses I use fish emulsion and composted cow manure. Roses
grow best with organic fertilizers.

What is the research to back this up? Straight, non-confrontational
question. E.g. have there been studies of what you advocate vs. the
fertilizer-cum-pesticide granules sold in garden stores?

Thanks for info.

Persephone.

[...]