Old 30-08-2006, 08:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] delcolja@mail.ab.edu is offline

Default Propagating Crane Fly Orchid (Tipularia)

wrote:
This year my sister noticed a few colonies of Crane Fly orchid at my
parents and right now many of the plants have podded.
Has anyone had any success in propagating these by seed?
What did you do?
I'll soon be moving to a house with similar conditions
in the back yard and thought it might be an educational
experience in introducing a new colony without

Google "tipularia propagation" and you will see an article from JSTOR
on exactly this topic. It concerns the need from woody debris as an
essential element for in situ germination of --Tipularia discolor--
seed.

J. Del Col