Old 30-08-2006, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Little Weed Little Weed is offline

Default New Gardener

La Puce wrote:
Little Weed wrote:
Oh I intend to use organic methods - although I'm learning as I go
along - umm starting from a knowledge base of nil! I am just about to
order two compost bins from our local council - one for the house and
one for the allotment - doubles my chances of getting it right I
suppose.

Funny, but I had a feeling that you were on the right tracks!!

I have two composts, home and lotty. I've started bringing stuff from
the office too as we've entered ourselves into the UK Carbon Trust
challenge. We want to be company champion. And we will. I sure. I hope
)

Hmm - I wonder if I could use the sruff from the school kitchens next
week? Or maybe I have enough to be going on with - especially as I have
a tonne of horse manure being delivered on saturday! Nothing like an
enthusiastic novice I suppose I'd better clear a small space in
which to put it....
I'm sneaking down there tomorrow ( a day earlier than my contract) to
give it a good strim as I believe the weather will change on Friday.
Again.
Best wishes
LW