Old 31-08-2006, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Buddleia - dead head

In article , Sacha
writes

They do indeed seed very freely on dry, stony places. Ray remembers them
all over bomb sites during the war and its immediate aftermath. Maybe the
'wild' ones seed more freely than the posh ones.
And speaking of Buddleias, may I recommend B. alternifolia to those who
don't know it. It doesn't look at all as we expect Buddleias to look, IMO
and is very graceful, especially when grown over something like a small
shed/pumphouse/fence etc. That shows why it's called the Fountain Buddleia.

I've given loads of cuttings away from mine Sacha, indeed it is a very
pretty and wonderfully honey scented shrub/tree. (I grow mine as
standard )
Training it to one trunk then letting it go wild with it's 'mad'
branches means that it is light and airy and shoots from the base can be
cut back. |After flowering all I do is prune out the flowered branches.

Speaking of Buddleias, why oh why can't I get Colvilei to root? I've
tried dozens of ways and dozens of times but to no avail.

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph