Old 31-08-2006, 02:50 PM
GardenCadet GardenCadet is offline
Registered User

Location: Dorset
Default Sorting out pond plants

Can anyone advise me as to the best time to sort out, repot etc pond plants growing in aquatic baskets.

I only planted my pond up in april/may time and did it in a bit of a rush (plants put in, in nursery pots or in too small a basket to save time). Consequently some plants have outgrown their baskets and in the case of a couple of plants that were put together in one big pot, they need providing with their own pots/baskets. I also need to thin out the oxegenator (elodea) which has gone berserk with growth.

Can I do this now/in autumn or should i wait until spring?

Thanks
Gardening Forever!!