Old 31-08-2006, 01:20 PM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected] inactivist@upper.centile is offline

Default Snails

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:54:04 +0800, "Loosecanon"
wrote:

"Dave -Turner" wrote in message
snail killer !?

I have the same problem and a sprinkling of snail pellets around the base of
the letter box is usually good enough.

You could also go out as it turns dark and hunt the beggars down, the snails
that is!

I realise that the question seemed really dumb, but honestly, I was
quite surprised by the resilience of snails.

In the first place, I was astonished that snails actually ate, even
liked, long-dead cellulose products like paper.

Secondly, I was even more surprised that even after I cleared the
surroundings of easy entry, coupled with the legendary slow pace of
the critters, I was no match for them.

They came, they ate, they left. It's not that they ate that much, it's
more embarrassing than anything when I take a cheque to the bank and I
weakly say 'Snails.??..'

I really don't want to saturate the place with chemicals because I
quite admire snails really, they don't have that much going for them.