Old 31-08-2006, 02:01 PM posted to aus.gardens
ant[_5_] ant[_5_] is offline

Default Pruning mint

HC wrote:
None of my family thought duck eggs had an 'eggy' taste, although
Muscovy eggs, as do other goose eggs, had a stronger flavour.

Their feed will make the eggs taste....when I first got ducks I threw
out some leftover curry, sure enough the eggs the next day had a
distinct curry flavour and were a strange colour. Just make sure they
get plenty of green pickings and access to fresh water (although they
like to play it their drinking water too) and the eggs will taste more
hen-like. I always added some laying pellets to their feed bin but
quite often it's very salty...taste some of the pellets yourself is
the best test, I found. Not all laying pellets are equal!!

Our ducks ranged over a 5 acre farm all day, and went into their shed at
night.

--
ant
Don't try to email me;