Old 20-03-2003, 04:32 AM
B & J

Default Weeds Between Roses

Here's another thought, Tom, that's not as laborious as using a paintbrush when applying Roundup. Get a gallon plastic milk jug. Cut out the bottom and place the jug over the weed you want to kill. Stick the nozzle of the sprayer containing Roundup through the top and spray. You don't have to worry about spray drift.
John

"Derryl Killan" wrote in message . ca...
Hi Tom use Roundup with a paintbrush to apply it to the leaves of the weeds. Do this on a warm day and the weeds should be gone in 10 days.

Derryl

"Tom Engel" wrote in message ...
I will be pruning about 80 roses shortly - some of which have perennial weeds at their base which are hard to get to. My best shot is to get at the weeds just after I have pruned them. What can I use on the weeds that will not harm the roses or the rose roots. My garden is chemical free so I don't mind using a small amount of chemicals for this particular task. Thanks in advance. Randy