Old 01-09-2006, 03:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer[_3_] cloud dreamer[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone use coffee grinds for your garden?

James wrote:

A local coffee house gives away free used grinds. How should I used
them?

From what I've read, you can add it to the garden or compost heap. They
apparently add nitrogen, so I wouldn't use them directly on vegetables,
but I would use them on my flowers - especially the acid loving ones. I
read one comment somewhere that slugs don't like coffee grinds but worms
do....a perfect match.

..