Old 01-09-2006, 05:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
HumanJHawkins HumanJHawkins is offline
Registered User

Default Should I be concerned about the bamboo getting too close to my neighbor's pool?

miamicuse wrote:
Is this a disaster waiting to happen? What can I do?

My previous post on this was off base... The whole thing was based on
my misunderstanding of what bamboo you were talking about.

That said, it is possible that this will slowly expand to come up on
the other side of the fence. While it won't pose a threat of taking
over on your neighbor's side, even one shoot could scare and anger your
neighbor due to the general belief that Bamboo spreads all over the
place and is impossible to stop.

So at the least, you might soon have a confrontation if you don't keep
it a foot or two away from the fence. Digging out (and giving away or
selling) the culms AND underground parts within a foot or two of the
fence would be wise I think.

Take all of this with a grain of salt... As I have already proven, I am
not an expert on clumping bamboo!