Old 01-09-2006, 04:39 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Charles[_1_] Charles[_1_] is offline

Default Want a good quality pocket magnifier .

On 31 Aug 2006 20:15:49 -0700, wrote:

I'm looking for a good quality magnifier, one i can keep in my pocket
or key chain. My instructor uses a Bausch and Lomb Hastings{triplet}
20x but the lens is too small for me. Is there one with a slightly
bigger lens of the same quality small enough to keep in my pocket? It
will be used for id of weeds, pests,etc. Thanks.

Bausch and Lomb is usually rather expensive, I wish I knew if the
exttra cost is worth the price. Generally the higher the power the
smaller the lens diameter

B and H photo video has some 20 power units

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...arch&Q=&ci=987

I bought one from Contenti

http://www.contenti.com/products/mag...hand-held.html