Old 01-09-2006, 07:25 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_1_] Köi-Lö[_1_] is offline

Default Pond Overlay shining though - will it get better?

"Davy" wrote in message
om...
Just to clarify my post; I have put a patch of underlay on top of the
lowest
part of the black butyl and then a bed of gravel on top of the centre of
the
underlay (now probably better called overlay!). About 10 inches of white
underlay extends beyond the edge of the gravel and it is this that is
shining through. I cannot trim the underlay since the gravel would then
too
easily get under the underlay. Also the exposed edge of the underlay is
not
lying flat against the butyl - it billows up a bit. It can only be a
matter
of time before some of the gravel finds its way under the 'billows' and
may
then damage the butyl. Any thoughts?

This is going to be all but impossible to clean. I ended up removing all
the gravel and rocks I had in my first pond. They looked great for the first
summer. By the next spring they were all but hidden under a layer of mulm.

Cleaning will be a worse problem for you than a white liner showing. The
liner will probably turn a dark color from algae in time but the gravel and
rocks will collect all kinds of crud.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.