Old 01-09-2006, 06:13 PM posted to austin.gardening
jojo jojo is offline

Default OH mY What ate my mountain laurel?

"Elliot Richmond" wrote in message
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:40:40 GMT, "jojo" cgv_2000@*remove your
hat*yahoo.com wrote:

What do I do? Is there any hope?

Kathleen, got any of those starters left from freecycle?

ACK!!

Mountain Laurels are pretty tough.

It is most likely some sort of caterpillar. Immediately spray
thoroughly with BT (Bacillus thurigiensis) suspension. The
caterpillars will dry up and fall off.

The BT spray is environmentally benign (except to the caterpillars!)
and is widely available.

Hope this helps

Elliot Richmond
Itinerant astronomy teacher

Thank you so much...should I go ahead and cut the branches that are
leafless?
This in effect will tree the bush, which I'm ok with, but maybe it's too
early??

Thanks,
jojo